Lots of women understand the appeal of British men. They are known for their charm and politeness, but people rarely acknowledge the fact that British men make perfect boyfriends (and husbands)!
That’s right – a British man is one of the best men you can settle down with. Take longstanding couples such as Colin Firth and his wife of 20 years Livia, or John Krasinski and his wife Emily Blunt. If you need more persuading, here are 10 reasons why you should date a British man.
1. Everything sounds better in a British accent. It is likely that you will feel your heart flutter every time he speaks (even if he is just asking you to put the kettle on).
2. The conversation will never become stilted or awkward. If you can’t think of anything to say just ask him about the weather; he will be able to talk for hours about the grey drizzle or weak sunshine!
3. If he isn’t being polite and charming, he is being sarcastic. This is equally as charming, and sarcasm is definitely sexier when it comes with a British accent.
4. All of your friends will love him. He will charm them all with cute nicknames like “love” and “mate”, and he will always try to buy them a drink if he sees them at a pub or a coffee shop.
5. He will always say sorry. You won’t have to wait for your boyfriend to apologise as British people apologise constantly (even when they aren’t really sorry at all).
6. He will regularly do old-fashioned, charming things such as holding the door open for you.
7. British men love travelling. If you don’t live in the UK you can take him to see your own country and he will happily oblige – just make sure to pack the SPF so he doesn’t turn bright red.
8. He will look seriously dapper in a suit with tails. Some men look foolish in a classy suit, but British men pull them off well.
9. He won’t spend hours getting ready. British men are known for their ability to get ready quickly, and they often shun cosmetic extras – so you don’t have to worry about him stealing your expensive exfoliator whenever he showers at yours.
10. He will make you a cup of tea whenever you are having a bad day. Sweet hot tea is the answer to all of life’s problems – well, according to British people anyway.