Jennifer Connelly, Meghan Markle and Taylor Swift have all realised the truth; British men make wonderful boyfriends! You may have heard the stereotype about British men being shy and retiring, but in reality this is far from the truth. British men make fantastic life partners; just look at Christian Bale and his American wife Sibi, who have been together for 16 years, or Colin Firth, who married his Italian wide in 1997.
If you need any more persuading, here are 10 great reasons to date a Brit.
1. He will frequently do chivalrous, gentlemanly things, like holding the door open for you, without even realising.
2. He will be very polite – and when he isn’t being polite, he will be sarcastic or witty, which is even better!
3. Everything he says will sound good because of his British accent (or Scottish, Irish or Welsh accent).
4. There is a (admittedly small) chance that he may be related to royalty.
5. He will understand that any problem can be solved with a cup of tea (and maybe a scone with clotted cream).
6. British people love to apologise for everything, so he won’t have any problem admitting that he has make a mistake when he has.
7. He won’t spend hours grooming himself and stealing your moisturiser; most British men can’t be bothered with all of that!
8. He will hold your coat and umbrella straight away if you ask.
9. He will always avoid causing a scene in public, because British people hate to cause a fuss!
10. It is very likely that he will pay for dinner, as that is still very common in British culture.